The Plant Director will be responsible of providing overall management of the Foundry Plant covering production, engineering and new product development, quality control, supply chain management and human resource management operations. The foundry plant is solely a gray iron sand casting operation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Drive/lead the safety of all production employees including subcontractors/visitors; manage and coordinate the compliance towards safety policies for production employees during all operational activities, in coordination with corporate & plant policies, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines established by governing authorities.
- Ensure that safety goals and targets are achieved and employees in site(s) understand and work in accordance with applicable safety guidelines/rules.
- Proactively manage and monitor Production, Maintenance & Technical operations, including staffing, budgets, supply and demand planning, allocation, workload, stock management, production and engineering. Ensure regular review with Peer Group and Group CI Manager.
- Ensure plant activity and output in line with agreed upon performance contract KPI’s in terms of quantity, quality, costs, efficiency and production lead time, take corrective actions if necessary.
- Maximize horizontal collaboration and decentralized decision making, drive plant maturity and expertise, protect and optimize plant autonomy and performance, (help Peer Group members to) overcome technical, operational and/or commercial challenges.
- Translate and deploy the performance contract into plant-wide priorities and objectives and set the framework within which plant operations will be steered, monitored, maintained and corrective action taken in case of deviations.
- Ensure cost leadership and/or operational excellence in local plant operations. Ensure manufacturing processes are in line with safety, quality, EHS, Lean and efficiency requirements and best practices.
- Identify areas for improvement; initiate, lead and/or oversee improvement projects and programs
Maximize plant efficiency through cost optimization programs, methods, improvement and/or material optimization. Ensure assigned plant(s) continuously meet certification standards & requirements (ISO, OHSAS, SA …).
- Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and talent management; exchange with Peer Group for support and/or help.
- Ensure that personnel is engaged, deployable (quantitative and qualitative) and capable of realizing the company objectives in an efficient way.
- Be an ambassador of the company strategy and values, communicate and safeguard the interests of the company.
- Ensure periodic and ad hoc reporting (quantitative and qualitative), according to company reporting standards and formats.
Desired Qualifications :
- Male or female, Age range is 38 to 49 years old.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree holder of Metallurgical, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; while a Master’s degree is a big plus.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the foundry / sand casting industry, with hands-on experience in production, quality, engineering, technical & people management.
- The ideal candidate is dynamic and aggressive professional, who can work independently under pressure, without sacrificing effective people relations in the work place.
- Willing to relocate to Thailand
Interested parties my apply by clicking the “APPLY” button at the upper right corner of this page.
job hiring in cebu, jobs in cebu, urgent job hiring, job vacancies in cebu, jobs in cebu philippines, online jobs in cebu, job sites in cebu, job openings in cebu, available jobs in cebu, job opportunities in cebu, job search engine, local jobs in cebu, job posting in cebu